Bibliophile

Bibliophile

Sunday 21 August 2022

"THE CAST AWAYS OF HAREWOOD HALL" by Karen Herbert


The Cast Aways of Harewood Hall


Karen Herbert


At first, I found the extensive detail re characters somewhat overwhelming … It felt as if the author wanted to reveal all in a hurry, before getting in to the story. However, once I read more and it all came together, I did feel empathetic towards not only the residents but also the staff. 


Having had family in both retirement villages and aged care, I found myself smiling and sighing as it seemed so familiar. Can’t say I expected the residents of the basement.  

Fiona and Josh stand out.. as caring for all and I certainly recognised Joyce, there always seems to be one in a community.

Ms Herbert brings life to all, the staff, the residents and the wonderful cat called Harley and dog, Bobby. It leaves the reader wondering what next.. a great read, when will the sequel appear?


Thanks to Better Reading for providing a copy for review. 

Publisher is Fremantle Press.


No comments:

Post a Comment